Liturgy, songs and resources for Passover and Shabbat Gatherings,
Enjoy. Shabbat Shalom
Dayeinu – the song of contentment
In the beloved song Dayeinu we give thanks for each helpful gesture along the path to freedom. The format is: if only _________, it is enough, we are content- dayeinu. Here are a few examples of new Dayeinu verses. Feel free to make your own and embellish on these:
- If we are only blessed with farmers and workers who grow and ship food to us, Dayeinu.
- If we are only blessed with people work at in stores and delivery, Dayeinu.
- If we are only blessed with virtual meeting while we can’t physically be together, If we are only blessed with farmers and workers who grow and ship food to us Dayeinu.
- If we are only blessed with police and firefighters and first responders to keep us safe, Dayeinu
- If we are only blessed with hospital staff, nurses and doctors on the front lines, dayeinu.
We give thanks to God for bread. Our voices rise in song together as our joyful prayer is said. Baruch ata Adonai Elohaynu melech ha-olam Hamotzi Lechem min ha-aretz. Yum Yum Yum, be-tavon – Enjoy your meal
Enjoy a restful Shabbat. Shabbat Shalom, Rabbi Sigal